Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The fins have arrived!!!

The build progress has been halted because I've been waiting for the arrival of the fins. I decided to go with the FCS Fish Keel fins. I did a bunch of internet research and these seemed like what I wanted. I ordered them online while I was away in CO so that they would arrive as soon as I returned. OF course, once I returned I received an email saying the fins were out of stock and my order would be cancelled. I scoured the local surf shops but couldn't find them locally either. I finally was able to find another online shop that had them, but they would be shipped from Florida. It's taken some time, but they arrived yesterday. The build will progress today and hopefully tonight I will have some photo's of the top planks glued to the board.

Second, I've received some questions regarding the types of glue being used on this project. The glue was included with the Grain surfboard kit, but I believe the planks and bead and cove strips were all glued with Tightbond III wood glue and the frame and keel will be glued to the top and bottom planks using 3M Fast cure 5200 Marine adhesive.

No comments: