Friday, June 22, 2007

Build days 7 plus...




It has been a few days since my last post. I had family in town for my graduation from MBA. We had an awesome time, but obviously not much building happened. The first thing I did upon returning to the project was to glue the tail blocks on. According to the directions, the tailblocks should be shaped to match the last frame. I think I got a little carried away, but I will address that more in the "Mistakes" section which will be my next post.

I glued the chine log and the first couple bead and cove strips. Things are going well, except that there is a spot that I have a small dent in the rail. I wasn't as careful as I should have been when setting the chine log, and now that I've started to build the rails it is more obvious. However, I think I should be able to sand it out. The railing process is taking some time. I don't have enough clamps to do each side simultaneously, so I add a rail strip to one side, wait 1.5 hours till it sets up and then do the other side. It is back and forth like this all day long.

No comments: