Saturday, June 9, 2007

Pre-Build


Before I begin the bulk of my summer project (building a Grain Surfboards kit in my garage) I had to get some things out of the way. First was my 30th birthday. Turning 30 is interesting, it sounds really old but it doesn't feel old. We headed to SeaWorld as we do on my birthday every year. Brooke and I had a great time and it was certainly a birthday to remember. My parents bumped their heads and sent me a grip of birthday presents. But one of the coolest was a felt "El Guapo". Good for burrito runs to Las Galindrinas and cruising to the beach. It's good to be spoiled...

I also ran a marathon on Sunday, June 3rd. I finished way better than I had expected, 3:36:27. I placed #148 in my division and #1096 overall. Not bad in a field of 20,000. The race went perfectly and I had a blast. Still undecided if there will be more marathons in the future....

1 comment:

rsb1 said...

.. Hi Chris.. excellent blog.. your efforts are inspiring.. I hope you will be posting the continuing results of your build ?..